The Eastern Conference Finals are set as the Bulls easily dispatched the Hawks to wrap up their series.
Game 6: (1) Chicago Bulls vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks, Philips Arena
- Final Score: Bulls 93, Hawks 73.
- The Bulls played perhaps their best overall game of the series taking control early behind the play of Carlos Boozer and pulling away late thanks to the simple brilliance of Derrick Rose. The Hawks finally ran out of magic as shots stopped falling for stars Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford and the Hawks could not generate offense against the Bulls.
- Bulls: Carlos Boozer 23 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists
- Hawks: Joe Johnson 19 points, 7-18 field goals, 4 assists
- Key Stats: Derrick Rose scored 19 points and dished out 12 assists while shooting 8 for 14 from the floor. … The Bulls shot 53.2 percent while holding the Hawks to 36.5 percent shooting and 1 for 11 on 3-pointers. … Josh Smith added 18 points on 7-for-15 shooting, even hitting a few jumpers in the process.
- Bulls guard Derrick Rose: “It’s not a surprise to me at all where we’re at right now. As guys came in for training camp, I could tell everybody wanted to win. Everybody is positive on this team. They don’t care about stats. They just want to win.”
- Hawks center Al Horford: “It’s disappointing. We wanted to keep playing and put ourselves in a position to go to the Eastern Conference Finals. We had a chance. It’s tough because we felt like we had a good group of guys.”
- Bulls won series 4-2. The Eastern Conference Finals start Sunday night in Chicago.