Game One: (0-1) Dallas Mavericks vs. (1-0) Miami Heat, AmericanAirlines Arena
- Final Score: Heat 92, Mavericks 84.
- It was the big three for Miami as Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwayne Wade led the charge. Each scored in double-figures – 19, 24, and 22 respectively – and Miami was able to hold the Mavs to their lowest point total of the playoffs.
- Heat – James 24 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal.
- Mavericks – Nowitzki 27 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists.
- Key Stats: Dallas made only 21 of their 61 (34.4 percent) field goal attempts in the half court, including 12 of 29 inside 10 feet. It was Dallas worst shooting performance in the half court this postseason and only the second time that they shot under 40 percent. Miami’s bench outscored the Mavericks bench 27-17 in Game 1.
- “We’ll play better. I’m very certain of that,” Carlisle said. “We had some opportunities. Shots we normally make, they didn’t go down. Look, it’s a long series. We’ll adjust.”
- “That’s kind of the way we’ve been winning games, of late,” Wade said. “You’ve got stay with it. You can’t get frustrated because the ball’s not going in. There’s other ways you can dominate the game and we was able to do that tonight. I thought we did a great job in the second half of rebounding the ball, limiting them to one shot as much as possible.”
- The Mavs will get a chance to tie things up in the series Thursday night in Miami at 9PM EST on ABC.