With the Dallas Mavericks dispatching the Los Angeles Lakers, only one game was scheduled as the NBA playoffs continue to march on.
Yesterday, the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks were looking to grab win number three in the series but only one team would be able to grab a tighter grip on the series.
Game 5: (1) Chicago Bulls vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks, United Center
- Final Score: Bulls 95, Hawks 83.
- The 2011 NBA MVP showed why he deserved to be named the MVP as Derrick Rose hit 11 of 24 shots and finishing with nine assists. Rose shot much better than in Game 4 when Rose needed 32 shots to score 34 points.
- Key Stats: The Bulls moved the ball quite a bit and it allowed Chicago to hit 13 of 23 shots to build a 32-21 lead. After Atlanta got within six, Chicago scored eight straight buckets to make it 93-79 as Chicago put the game out of reach.
- Bulls’ Rose 33 points, 2 rebounds, 9 assists.
- Hawks’ Teague 21 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists.
- “Play defense,” Rose said of what the Bulls need to do in Game 6. “That’s our whole game plan is playing defense. Our offense will be there, but if we continue to help each other, rebound the ball and run, I think that we should be in good shape.”
- Bulls lead series 3-2 and can end the Hawks’ playoff run this Thursday night in Atlanta.