Western Conference Finals – Game 5: (3) Dallas Mavericks vs. (4) Oklahoma City Thunder, American Airlines Center
- Final Score: Dallas 100, Thunder 96
- Once again, with minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, the Thunder built up a lead, just to see it get demolished by Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion and the Mavericks. The Mavs outstanding defense in the final minutes and the inability of the Thunder to stop Nowitzki ended up being their demise.
- Mavericks: Nowitzki 26 points, 9 rebounds.
- Thunder: Russell Westbrook 31 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists.
- Key Stats: Durant struggled once again and shot 8-of-20 from the field. Aside from Durant and Westbrook, the rest of the starters scored a combined two points.
- “It feels good to finally go back (to the Finals),” Nowitzki said. “This time, hopefully we can finish the job.”
- “Next year when they’re 23, they’re still going to be young,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. “We’re not going to use it as an excuse. We all signed up to play this game and you have to take pride in what you do because it’s not a hobby. It’s our life. This is what we do. This is what we believe in.”
- The Mavs now wait to take on the winner of the Heat-Bulls series to find out who their opponent will be in the NBA Finals.